This recipe is a twist on the popular Bullet Proof Coffee recipe and Nick the Tooth’s Gorilla Coffee. It’s a total powerhouse way to start your day… I make it almost every morning and enjoy it on my drive to work. The coconut oil and almond butter mix gives it a smooth, creamy taste (no sweetener or cream needed!), the maca powder gives it an extra kick, and the protein powder adds a little bit extra to satisfy your hunger for hours. Just one cup fills me up until way after noon, and it gives me the kick start I need to really “slay the day”!
Here are just a few of the health benefits…
- Lowers the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure by increasing the healthy cholesterol in the body
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties give a huge immune system boost
- Improves memory and brain function, thanks to the fatty acids
- Increases energy and endurance (great before training or exercise)
- Improves digestion, bacteria and gut health
- Helps with skin issues like eczema, dandruff, or psoriasis, as well as serves as an overall face cleanser and moisturizer
- Rich in vitamins B, C, and E
- Powerhouse of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium and amino acids
- Boosts sexual function in both women and men
- Helps aid with women’s health and mood, especially with relief of menstrual issues or side effects of menopause, including anxiety, mood swings and depression.
- Increased level of energy and stamina
- Helps clear acne and blemishes on skin
- May help alleviate symptoms of anxiety, stress, depression and mood swings
- Filled with calcium and magnesium to help with muscle and bone strength, and Vitamin E which supports healthy cells.
- Contains healthy, unsaturated fatty acids, which improve blood cholesterol levels and boosts your energy
- Full of fiber, which can reduce your heart disease risk significantly
Try it out and let me know what you think!